Published on November 12th, 2016 | by admin0
Low cost weekend break ideas
Everyone has their own idea of a relaxing weekend break – it’s likely to be entirely a matter of your own personal choice.
These days you are likely to be spoilt for choice as you browse the many websites advertising cheap weekend breaks in all the expected – not to mention the unexpected – places. Here are a few ideas to whet your appetite:
- the Spanish Costas or the Algarve in Portugal are perennial favourites and for good reason too – they are only a short flight away from the UK, meaning you can leave after work and still be poolside with a cocktail by bedtime;
- if you’d prefer your weekend break in the city, you might want to think about Italy, where practically every destination is likely to peak your interest and widen the enquiring mind – the eternal city of Rome, for instance, to the wandering canals of Venice. Or, the art collections of Florence to the hippest of fashions in Milan;
- the South of France which includes the glitzy home of the Cannes Film Festival is just an hour and half away from the UK by plane. It has beautiful beaches, lovely little bars and cafes where you can people watch; and shops galore – though you may need credit cards or payday loans to buy some of the designer stuff on offer;
- Or how about a visit to the land of fire and ice, Iceland? Whether you want to stroll around the city and chat to the friendly Iocal people or relax in the soothing, otherworldly geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon, there is something for everyone.
Of course, you don’t even have to travel beyond these shores to enjoy a well-earned weekend break. Here are a few tasters …
- spend the night at a top hotel in Brighton and the next day take a flight on a specially commissioned British Airways i360 Flight as it takes to the air for a view of Sussex from the clouds – and back down to earth the same day;
- if your idea of a relaxing weekend is the great British outdoors, you might want to spend it under canvas – but with all the added luxuries that a “glamping” weekend can bring;
- head to Wales, and you might choose to live the high life with an overnight stay in your very own historical monument – in this case, Ruthin Castle in Denbighshire;
- visit the capital city and enjoy an overnight stay with dinner for two at Gordon Ramsay’s York and Albany, then spend the next day taking in the sights such as Big Ben, The London Eye and the Tower of London;
- Go on Safari – yes really! Some of the major UK wildlife parks now offer you a full Safarai experience with an overnight stay in a luxury lodge. See rhino and zebras in Kent, or go beaver spotting in Scotland;
Giving yourself a well-earned break might be just what the doctor ordered. So why not treat you and your loved ones to an experience of a lifetime?